Concerned about the climate?
Us too. Sustainability is one of our (aspirational) values. We've recently taken steps to get closer to a neutral impact on our earth's environment. Here are the steps we're taking:
- 98% of our bottles are completely recyclable (please make sure they find the right bin!)
- Our boxes are recyclable and compostable
- We are phasing out bubble wrap, and transitioning to paper webbing to guard our glass products
- MOST EXCITING: We have recently upgraded to 100% compostable bags for shipping our glass-free orders! You will now find orders arriving in bags from Noissue.
The quick and dirty on compostable packaging
- Compostable packaging is typically made from a number of renewable plant-based materials and/or bio-polymers. To be certified home compostable, a product must break down in home compost within 180 days and 90 days in commercial composting conditions.
- Cardboard and paper products are a great addition to the backyard compost as it helps with the carbon-nitrogen ratio. Easily broken down in a compost, these products also tend to have chemical compounds removed from the product.
- Sometimes people don’t notice that something is compostable, meaning it can sometimes end up in the landfill. If you don’t have a home compost, you can look at local options for communal compost sites, or somewhere you can drop off items for commercial composting.
Please join us in doing your part (small or big) in reducing waste. Take those extra few minutes to reduce, re-use, and recycle. Support restaurants who use compostable containers, or advocate for your favorite place to eliminate single use plastics and styrofoam. Bring your own cup to the coffee shop if you need to take your drink to-go. Put a roll of washable cloth hand towels next to your paper towels, and see how long you can go without needing a paper towel. We love companies like Who Gives a Crap when we DO need paper products. Got any other favorites? Let us know on Instagram!