OK… let’s be honest. Life would be easier if we had superhero powers.
I’m constantly torn between a calm, collected, countryside life, and hustlin’ bustlin’ corporate career.
Ideally, I’d like my job to be “saving the world”. We’d all like to leave it a better place, but really if I could save the whole damn thing I would (and your doubtful sighs won’t stop me from trying).
From seeing patients and volunteering, to budget meetings and staying connected to my family (did I leave a small child at daycare? Has my dog eaten today?), most days I don’t know how it’s all going to work.
I’m getting stressed just thinking about it now!
And I know you’re in a similar boat. (The boat shape, size, and number of passengers might change, but a stress boat is afloat, my friend). The good news: there may be a solution to keep you from sinking, and taking everyone down with you.Signs your adrenals are on overdrive and you may need stress support:
- Waking up during the night
- Your brain runs 100mph but your body is physically tired
- You crash at night but you’re wide awake at 2am
- You not only crash at night, but at 10am… and again at 3pm… (let’s say your coffee allowance is high)
- You don’t have time to hit up that yoga class but you KNOW you need it
- You’re so stressed out, it stresses you out even more!
- You threw some serious shade and side-eye at the barista because he put whip on your mocha. #rude
- Your short fuse (aka shade throwing) is becoming a common occurrence.
- You looked in the mirror and thought “what in thee HELL is that ring around my once flat stomach I had from months of kickboxing?”
You could be over-whelmed mentally, and physically. Maybe your current reality hasn’t allowed you to re-charge. (When was your last vacation? Oh, you can’t remember?)
Temporary stress is common, and can be good for us, as long as it goes away quickly. But temporary stress can turn into an ugly cycle of consequences if you’re not careful.
You’re human. Some things are beyond your control (still lacking magic powers… unfortunately). The best medicine may be allowing yourself time to conquer life’s hiccups, but a little extra support from good nutrition (and friends, and family) can give you a leg up.
After all, high cortisol levels (our handy dandy stress hormone) are a common precursor to long-term disease. High cortisol can cause the following:
- Long healing and recovery times
- Decreased muscle tone
- Weak immune systems
- Poor blood sugar regulation
- Metabolism dysfunction
- Poor sleep quality
- Hormone dysfunction
- Increased likelihood of stroke and heart attack
NOT IDEAL, to say the least. And we don’t have time to deal with any of those!
If you know in the next week you won’t make it to that yoga class, or go on a fabulous all-inclusive vacation, consider Well Labs’ Adrena-Well
for stress support.
Order a 30, 60, or 90-day supply depending on your current situation.
30-60 day supply: An approaching deadline, or a tough homework load this week
60-90 day supply: A divorce, the loss of loved one (ok you may need more than 90 days… we’re here for you!)
Other ways to de-stress:
- Put reminders in your calendar to assess your personal stress ship. Add daily, weekly, or monthly checks to unwind while you’re at it.
- Schedule a night with no obligations. Yep, plan for nothing. Nothing can be so nice if you just save a little time for it. A morning to sleep in, a coffee date with your mom (she misses you).... Get to that yoga class. Schedule a date with your soul sister, or some super chill bro time. If it’s in your Google calendar you have to do it, right?
- Ask for help. Hire that16-year-old to watch your kids (they’ll survive). Let your neighbor bring over a meal (she’s offered 3 times already, just say yes).
Instead of using stress as an excuse, put on your adrena-well
life preserver, calm your busy brain, and sink your stress ship.Bon Voyage!Tweet Tweet: “You’re human. Allow yourself time to conquer life’s hiccups.” #sinkyourstressship #wellLabs